The Laws of Human Nature

Talk about the books on our recommended reading list.
Daniel
Opifex
Opifex

The Laws of Human Nature

Post by Daniel » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 am

This is the latest book by Robert Greene (of Art of Seduction and 48 Laws of Power fame). You can get it here if you need it. You may be able to find it at your local library.

I picked this book because I love how Greene uses historical examples in his texts, which are not only interesting, but offer insight into the lesson or principle he's trying to convey. I find his material practical and informative. You may or may not have the same experience, but I can almost assure you there is something useful you will learn in this book.

So far, my favorite chapter discussed how Lyndon B. Johnson rose to power by listening to people instead of being the aggressor he was before he became a Senator. Anyhow, pick up this book and let me know what you think!
71OMelbI6sL.jpg
71OMelbI6sL.jpg (191.44 KiB) Viewed 33 times
The hallmark of a fool is a mind that never changes.

Mik Darkashian

Re: The Laws of Human Nature

Post by Mik Darkashian » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:07 pm

Well first off that is a giant ass picture. I did what you said and picked this up at the library, not too far into it yet. But I have read Mastery and the 48 Laws before and I am familiar with Greene's style. I think that's why his books are so popular, they're not only informative, but entertaining. I'm bummed that this one doesn't have the little margin extras like 48 Laws does, but whatever. I think this book is definitely needed. A lot of people simply don't understand why people act and think they way they do. This book, and books like it, help shed light on that.