A Litany is like a positive affirmation designed to help you internalize the essence of a particular virtue. They function the exact same way. While many religions use litanies, the term was adopted from the Litany Against Fear, as seen in Frank Herbert's Dune.
Below is the abbreviated Litanies:
1. I have all the necessary traits to achieve the life I want.
2. I am the authority in my thoughts and decisions.
3. My fears are a product of my mind, it is there that I subdue them.
4. I take care of myself physically, mentally, and spiritually.
5. As long as I persevere, I will achieve the life I desire.
6. I respect myself and stand up for myself.
7. I am responsible for my thoughts, my actions, and my destiny.
8. I am diligent in doing what needs to be done, without complaint.
9. I focus on my own contributions to situations instead of seeking fault with others.
10. I am reasonable in thought and action.
11. I allow others authority over their lives. I treat them with fairness and dignity.